A recently released report by the United States Department of Defense says that the, “National security is being redefined by cyberspace,” and outlines five strategies for operating in it:
- Treat cyberspace as an operational domain to organize, train, and equip so that DoD can take full advantage of cyberspace’s potential.
- Employ new defense operating concepts to protect DoD networks and systems.
- Partner with other U.S. government departments and agencies and the private sector to enable a whole-of-government cybersecurity strategy.
- Build robust relationships with U.S. allies and international partners to strengthen collective cybersecurity.
- Leverage the nation’s ingenuity through an exceptional cyber workforce and rapid technological innovation.