- By The Palestinian Information Center
OCCUPIED JERUSALEM, (PIC)– Around 110 officers of the Israeli occupation army stormed the Aqsa mosque in their uniform on Thursday.
The Aqsa Foundation for Endowment and Heritage (AFEH) said in a statement that the officers, of various ranks, toured the holy site under heavy protection.
It said that many of them went inside old mosques in the holy site while others roamed its various plazas as hundreds of worshipers anxiously stood by.
AFEH said that around 30 Jewish settlers broke into the Aqsa mosque at the same time and tried to offer religious rituals.
The foundation charged the Israeli occupation authorities with escalating attacks on the Aqsa mosque, and called in this respect on all Palestinians capable of reaching the holy site to do so and defend it in face of such violations of its sanctity.
AFEH urged the Islamic world to adopt a clear position in support and defense of the Aqsa mosque until its final liberation of occupation.
- ‘Dome of the Rock’ is seen replaced by Jewish temple in Israeli ad (alhittin.com)
- Video: Israeli Knesset candidate wants Jerusalem’s Haram al-Sharif blown up (alhittin.com)
- Photos: Zionist occupation intensifies excavations at Al-Aqsa Mosque (alhittin.com)
- Al-Aqsa: Occupation To Destroy Islamic Symbols In Al-wad Street In Jerusalem (alhittin.com)
- Some parts of the walls of Masjid Al-Aqsa begin to crack and crumble (alhittin.com)
- IDF rabbinate edits out Masjid As-Sakhrah from picture of Jerusalem’s Haram Ash-Sharif (alhittin.com)